Tranav - Chapter 7
TRANAV NOVEL
(Malikat Bloodline)
CHAPTER 7
1957 AD,
It
was a quiet and dark evening in the town, and another body had been discovered
in the same manner as the previous victims. Police were conducting their
investigation, questioning people if they had seen anything unusual. Mohan was
busy asking questions to the victim's family, while Dhruvya stood at a
distance, his gaze fixed on the hanging corpse, lost in his own thoughts.
After
the questioning, Mohan approached Dhruvya and said, "It turns out you were
right. The killers are following the same pattern. This man's zodiac sign was
karka, and the cuts on his body match exactly." Dhruvya didn't respond; he
remained quiet, lost in his thoughts about Shravani.
"Mr.
Dhruvya, is everything okay?" Mohan asked. "You've been quiet for a
while. Is something bothering you?"
Dhruvya
replied, "I'm sorry; I was thinking about something else. It's not
important."
"Are
you sure?" Mohan asked, concerned.
Dhruvya
assured him that he was fine and asked Mohan what they had discovered so far.
Mohan replied, "Nothing. No hints, no clues. The killers are following the
same exact pattern. The victim was kidnapped from his own house while his
family wasn't present at the time. How is it possible to be kidnapped from your
own home? It's like some kind of ghost is kidnapping them."
"Maybe,"
Dhruvya responded in a tense voice.
Mohan
chuckled. "You're serious, aren't you? Don't tell me you believe in this
supernatural stuff."
Dhruvya
asked, "Tell me, Mr. Mohan, do you believe in God?"
Mohan
nodded in affirmation.
"Then
you should believe in everything," Dhruvya continued. "Whatever is
happening here is not normal. Whoever is behind all this might be very
dangerous, and we know nothing about them. Sometimes, there are things that
exist, but we don't believe in them because acknowledging them would make us
vulnerable. Already, four people are dead, and eight more will die soon if we
don't catch them first. I have to go now; there's something I remember I have
to do. I'll meet you later." With that, Dhruvya left.
Mohan
watched him leave with thoughts swirling in his mind, wondering what Dhruvya
was talking about and why he seemed so sudden, as if he knew something but was
keeping it hidden.
…
Rudra
carried some food to the cage where Shravani was being held captive. He gently
placed the food down and slid the plate toward her. "Here's some fresh elk
meat. You might need the protein," he said, but she didn't respond. She
simply sat there, avoiding eye contact with him. She hadn't spoken a word to
anyone since she had been locked up in the cage. Despite their attempts to
engage her in conversation, she remained silent, lost in her thoughts.
Rudra
sat down near the cage and tried to reason with her. "You have to eat
something, or you might become weak. I know you don't want to be here, but I
had no other choice."
Suddenly,
Dhruvya stormed into the basement in anger and shouted at her, "Alright,
enough of this! Tell me who you are and why you're killing those people. What
is your motive?"
For
the first time, Shravani smiled wickedly and said, "Are you afraid of
us?"
Dhruvya
laughed sarcastically, "Oh, so now you can speak, and you think we're
scared? Dream on. Look, whoever you are, if you don't start talking soon, I'll
kill you. The only reason you're still alive is because of Rudra. He made us
promise not to harm you, but that promise won't hold if you don't provide us
with answers. If I don't get the answers I want, I'll be the one to sever your
head."
Shravani
responded, "I think you already know what we're doing. I can see the fear
hidden behind that anger on your face. And nothing can stop us now."
Dhruvya
grew increasingly frustrated and lost his temper. He was about to open the cage
to confront her physically, but Rudra intervened. Dhruvya glared at Rudra in
anger and left the room.
…
The
room was shrouded in darkness, illuminated only by the soft glow of a few
candles. Daksh, surrounded by snakes, fed them a concoction of milk. He spoke
in a hushed tone, "They don't take kindly to your presence in this room,
you know."
Vajraksha,
concealed in the shadows, replied, "I don't care, and I think neither
should you. Did you find her?"
Daksh
shook his head, frustration evident in his voice. His relentless search for
Shravani, who had been abducted, had yielded no results. "No, there's been
no sign of her. Maybe she ran away."
Vajraksha
inquired, "What did she tell you when before she went out on the day she
got abducted?"
Daksh
replied that she shouted at him for asking and warned him that it was none of
his business to inquire about it when he ask her where she was going. Vajraksha
couldn't help but chuckle. "She's quite the enigma, isn't she?"
Daksh,
perplexed by Vajraksha's unwavering trust in Shravani, inquired further,
"I still don't understand why you trust her so much. What did you see in
her, and where did you even find her?"
Vajraksha
revealed that he had found Shravani three years ago. She was a victim of
circumstances, born into a world she hadn't chosen. She was just as desperate
as they were to open the gate, and someone was waiting for her in Nag-lok.
"Do you think someone might have kidnapped her?"
Daksh
considered the possibility but quickly dismissed it. "No, I doubt any
human would have the power to capture a Narasim. And besides, who would dare to
kidnap her?"
Vajraksha
proposed an alternative theory. "What if the one behind this is not human?
What about that person Rudra, the one Shravani told us about? Who is he? Have
you found anything?"
Daksh
provided some information about Rudra and his two brothers, Abhimanyu and
Dhruvya, who had arrived in the town a month ago. Abhimanyu worked at the
hospital, Dhruvya with the police, and Rudra's activities remained mysterious
he just stand and watch construction site what exactly he do he had no idea.
"They don't seem dangerous. Other than that, I did come across a Dayan in
town, but my investigation yielded nothing."
Vajraksha
connected the dots. "Abhimanyu, Rudra, and Dhruvya. I think I've heard
these names before, though I can't recall where. But that person, the one
Shravani was going to kidnap, might be the key. She mentioned that Rudra saw
her face and called her Nitya, as if he recognized her or knew that face."
"Nitya?"
Daksh whispered, troubled by the revelation. "And one more thing, I
haven't seen Rudra since the day Shravani went missing."
Vajraksha
knew that something was seriously amiss. He emphasized the urgency of finding
Rudra to uncover the truth and break the curse. "We need to find her
quickly, and we have to break the curse."
Daksh,
reluctant to let Vajraksha leave just yet, suggested another approach.
"Can't you track her down? I mean, if you can appear here, can't you just
appear in front of her?"
Vajraksha,
was actually in his astral form, clarified the limitations of his powers. He
was a powerful sorcerer from Nag-Lok and also the uncle of Daksh's father, a
naga. He could only travel to Earth in his astral form and only places he knew.
"There are limits to my abilities. That's why we must break the
curse," he explained before vanishing into thin air.
…
Ashok
entered Abha's cabin, where Abhimanyu was busy with his work. Abhimanyu greeted
Ashok and mentioned that Abha was in Dr. Batra's cabin. However, Ashok's
expression was unusual, and he seemed to be staring at Abhimanyu intently.
Concerned, Abhimanyu asked if everything was alright and how he could assist
Ashok.
Ashok
adopted an interrogative tone and inquired, "Mr. Abhimanyu, do you mind if
I ask why you were so insistent on inquiring about the Nagas that day? Why
couldn't it wait until morning? What was the urgency?"
Abhimanyu
smiled and explained that he had been reading about Nagas and had become
engrossed in the topic. He couldn't sleep without satisfying his curiosity, and
that's why he had asked Ashok about it.
Ashok
persisted, "But why were you specifically reading about Nagas? Why not any
other subject? Most people don't even know what that word means, and it's not a
common topic of discussion like the Ramayana or the Mahabharata."
Abhimanyu
found Ashok's questions puzzling. He replied, "What you're saying, Dr.
Ashok, doesn't make sense. I was merely going through old books and came across
the term 'Naga.'"
Ashok
continued his line of questioning, "Which books were you reading, Mr.
Abhimanyu? Let me rephrase it: in which book did you encounter the term 'Naga'?
I mean, you asked me about Nagas that day, correct, Mr. Abhimanyu?"
Abhimanyu
began to suspect that Ashok might know something. He decided not to beat around
the bush and asked Ashok directly what he wanted to know.
Ashok
responded, "Alright, then I'll ask you directly. Is it just a coincidence
that the symbols found on the victims' bodies are not symbols at all, but
rather notes written in Nagbhasha, the ancient Naga language? And out of the
blue, you were asking about Nagas. This can't be a coincidence. What are you
hiding, Mr. Abhimanyu?"
Abhimanyu's
curiosity grew, and he asked, "How did you know it was Nagbhasha?"
Ashok
revealed, "That means you know something. And as you ask how i know
because I have translated it."
Abhimanyu
eagerly requested, "What does it say? Can you show it to me?"
Ashok,
however, responded, "That wasn't my question, Mr. Abhimanyu. How do you
know about this, and who are you? Why weren't you able to come to my house that
day?"
Abhimanyu
looked into Ashok's eyes and ordered him to show the paper with the
translation. Ashok complied, but as Abhimanyu touched the paper, his hand began
to burn, as if something was on the paper. The paper fell to the ground, and
Ashok picked it up, saying, "Three brothers—Abhimanyu, Rudhraksh, and
Dhruvya—always come to this town every 50 years and leave after 10-15 years to
avoid suspicion. People won't notice that they never age. Nice try, Mr.
Abhimanyu, or should I say Rakshash."
Abhimanyu
asked, "How..."
Ashok
interrupted, "I did my homework and my family has been in the business of
hunting monsters and documenting creatures that have existed on Earth for more
than 5,000 years. When I researched you, it became clear that you were the
reason all of this began. I should have understood earlier when no one else
could control patients who occasionally went berserk, how could you handle them
so easily? But after reading about you, I understood—you were hypnotizing them,
manipulating their minds as if they were puppets. I know you'll try the same on
me, but it won't work because i came prepared. Now, tell me why you're here and
what you know about these murders."
Abhimanyu
smiled slyly and responded, "If you know so much about me, you also know
that I could easily kill you, and no one would ever know."
Ashok
smiled back and said, "Yes, I know, but you won't, because right now, we
have a bigger problem on our hands." He showed the page to Abhimanyu.
"What
does the translation say?" Abhimanyu inquired.
"It's
actually a warning for the entire human race," Ashok explained. "It
predicts that the Naga kingdom will rise again on Earth, leading to a great war
that will ultimately bring about the end of humanity."
"They're
really planning to open the gates, aren't they?"
Ashok
nodded and said "now why did you ask about nagas, were you hiding
something"
Abhimanyu
nodded in agreement and admitted, "We found one of them. She's from
Narasim tribe and locked in our basement."
"Please
don't tell me that you've locked a Narasim Naga in your house," Ashok said
with concern. "If she transforms, she has the power to single-handedly
destroy this entire town, and no one can stop her."
Just
then, Abha entered the room and asked innocently, "Hi, what are you two
talking about?"
Abhimanyu
quickly replied, "Nothing important. We were actually about to leave. I
wanted to show him something... right, Mr. Abhimanyu?"
"Yes,
yes, you're right. We'll see you later, Miss Abha, I mean Abha," Ashok
added, and they both left the room.
…
A
meeting had just concluded at the police station. Mohan had taken charge of the
search team and implemented several changes to enhance the task force's
effectiveness. Throughout the meeting, Dhruv had sat in silence, lost in his
thoughts.
As
the meeting adjourned, everyone left the room, leaving only Mohan and Dhruv
behind. Mohan, curious about Dhruv's earlier statement, decided to ask,
"Mr. Dhruvya, I have a question. How are you so sure that these killers
plan to target 8 more people?"
Dhruv
glanced at Mohan and replied, "Zodiac signs. They've already taken the
lives of 4 individuals in a sequence, and there are 8 more to go. The next
victim will be a Sinh. Why can’t we inform the townspeople and focus our
protection efforts on those at risk?"
Mohan
contemplated the suggestion but then shook his head. "No, we can't
possibly provide protection to everyone in town. Our task force isn't large
enough, and if we reveal the existence of a psychotic killer group, it could
incite panic. People tend to behave irrationally when they're scared. We need
to find another way."
Dhruv
questioned further, "Have we thoroughly searched all the places where they
might be hiding?"
Mohan
hesitated and admitted, "Almost. There are a few locations where they
denied us access. It seems they know the law, and without a warrant, we can't
investigate private property. Getting a warrant in this small town can be
time-consuming."
Dhruv
nodded, understanding the dilemma. "But we can't afford to sit and wait
for a warrant. We don't know when the next murder will occur. We have to
discover their hideout as quickly as possible."
Mohan
pondered Dhruv's words, then mentioned, "Dr. Ashok mentioned those Asur
dates. If we can determine the next date, we might be better prepared. But we
have find a plan for finding their hideout?"
Dhruv
leaned in, his eyes gleaming with determination. "What if we conduct our
investigations covertly, without revealing our true identities?"
“That
might be the best way”
…… ॐ
……
Comments
Post a Comment